Friday 19 March 2010

Living the dream??

Anyone who knows me well will know that it has always been a big dream of mine to travel to have a gap year, and travel to poor countries to work in orphanages, teach in schools and help to build communtites.
At the moment, there are two main things which are stopping me:
*Relationships
*Money

After the wedding i am going to start a 'Living the dream' fund. I plan on putting a minimum of £5 per week to one side, to save for a trip of a lifetime.
The relationship side to it is a little more difficult. Ideally i would like to go for about 6 months, but would make do if i could do 3 weeks, but maybe once a year for a few years.
I would find it incredibly difficult to leave my family, especially Adam. So either, we would have to try and save double and work around jobs to allow us both to go, or we could have to come up with an effective way of communicating whilst i was away.

However i get there, i need to make sure it happens at some point in my life. I need to get out there and make a difference, i will not be content until i have done that.

My Dream = http://www.globalvolunteernetwork.org/kenya/

No comments: