Wednesday 13 January 2010

Missed you :(

Well, i do apologise, i didnt manage to blog last night. Had a pretty weird evening, I hadnt taken my keys to work, so therefore couldnt get into the house once i got back to MV, So i went round to Adams mums. Had a pretty weird visit, then Adam picked me up.
We stayed at home for about ten minutes then Adam went round to see his mum. I watched a few soaps before becomming so tired i eventually slumped off to bed (alone) at about 10:30.
Adam got home at about half 11 and when he came up, we sat chatting for about an hour and a half. He then went off downstairs, and i tried to get back to sleep whilst feeling completely emotionally drained.
However, the rest of the day had been pretty positive. I had a random phone call at work from our new manager, who said she had a 'really exciting job for me', she asked for me to go straight round to boots, and to tell the others to 'expect to be without me for the entire afternoon'.
So i was kinda nervous/excited as i went rushing round to Boots.
It turns out, she has chosen to make me 'Customer Care Champion' :) Im going to get a new badge, and have quite a bit more responsability :) Iv got to start doing conference calls on Tuesday mornings, iv been given a huge wall which iv got to strip, and fill with a complete new display (For which iv got to do lots of research and get the figures and stats together).
So its all rather exciting really :)
Karen then gave me some money from the till and sent me off to partners to get some resources for my display :)
It made me laugh when i found out one of the reasons i was chosen to do this: A few months ago, i was bored at home one evening, so i started making a poster of all my work colleauges as cartoon animals. E.g Danny Donkey, Liesl Lamb, Milly Moose etc. I coloured them in and put a title over saying 'Our Team'.
Apparently this shows that i am creative and have 'great team spirit' :)

So.....
Today....

Of course, the 7:30 bus failed to turn up. So Vicki and i ended up cramming ourselves on the 8am bus with all the sweaty school kids.
That was, of course after sliding my way accross the park and carpark Bambi style!
The 8am bus finally got us into town at 9:20. Louise had exactly the same problem, therefore Ali was left waiting outside the shop, Keyless wondering where the hell everyone was. And the girl from Boots, Laura was completely on her own wondering when someone was going to turn up to cover!
I got to Boots at about 9:25, absolutely clueless of course, as iv never even seen their computer systems, filing system or pre-testing equipment before! So i dont think i was a great deal of help, although i tried my best!
I went back to D&A at about half 11, and spent all afternoon working on my display, which i really enjoyed :)

After work, i went to mums to hang out before my audition, and then head off again in the snow :)
When i got there i soon got chatting to the girl i was sat next to, she was really nice.
We didnt actually have to audition tonight, and its still not West Side Story im auditioning for, its a 'Songs from the Musicals' show. We were given a list of numbers that are going to feature, and we had to decide which parts we'd like to audition for on Monday night. So i put my name down for Belle (Beauty and the Beast), Sandy (Grease) and Maria (WSS).
So i'd better get practicing!
:)
xxxxx

No comments: