Friday 29 January 2010

Joy by name, Joy by nature :'(

It was the funeral today. It was really hard. Seeing them carry the coffin in really brought me down to earth with a bump. I just cant get my head around the fact that she's gone. She was so bubbly and full of life the last time i saw her. She should have had so much time ahead of her.
We sang 'Easter Hymn' and 'You raise me up'. It was amazing to sing with the girls again.

Something really strange happened too, just as we all began to sing, a little black butterfly flew in and landed on the music stand :') Im not one who normally believes in 'signs' and things but i think that was something really lovely :)

There was a beautiful 'Order of Service' which had a really nice photo on the front and a picture of a penguin on the back :) She really loved penguins :) I brought her a cuddly one for christmas once :)
There were a couple of beautiful readings and poems which had everyone sobbing, it was pretty tough to see all my friends (and teachers) so upset. They were all so brave though.
I just hope Miss Nicol realised what a difference she made to us all. She taught me so much and i just wish i'd had a chance to thank her. She was a wonderful lady, taken from us way to soon, and im so thankful for all the amazing memories i have of her :')
R.I.P Miss Nicol
Loved always and never forgotten xxx

No comments: